The field of social work utilizes social theories to understand human problems, to enhance people’s lives and to improve society as a whole. Many who work in this field specialize in particular areas, such as aiding children, assisting those with life-threatening problems or helping people overcome addictions.
• Act as advocates for their clients
• Educate clients and teach them new skills
• Link clients to essential resources within the community
• Protect vulnerable clients and ensure that their best interests are observed
• Counsel clients who need support and assistance
• Research social problems to look for remedies
$62,410.32/year or $29.89/hour
Azusa Pacific, Cal State Dominguez Hills, Cal State Fullerton, Cal State Long Beach, Cal State Los Angeles, Cal State Northridge, Loma Linda University, UCLA, USC
To learn more about this career and explore job postings, please visit UCLA Health Careers.