You must be a newly admitted or current DGSOM student to apply. There are NO financial aid application deadlines for entering students. You can access all components of the application via this website; each on-line application and linked form has instructions and there's an Application Checklist to further assist you.
To begin, choose one of two application options and follow the steps below:
Option A - Apply for DGSOM need-based scholarships and loans, in addition to Federal Direct Loans. This option requires you to provide parent information on the Need Access Application, and other application components. Option B - Apply only for Federal Direct Loans (Unsubsidized Direct and Grad Plus). You are not required to complete Need Access or provide parent info on any part of the application.
1. Complete FAFSA at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ - Due March 21, 2016
2. Complete Need Access at http://www.needaccess.org/home.aspx - Due March 21, 2016
3. Institutional Application - Due March 21, 2016
4. Tax Certification - Due April 22, 2016
5. Submit copy of your 2015 Federal Tax Form to 17-253 West, CHS - Due Aprill 22, 2016
6. Submit copy of parents' 2015 Federal Tax Form to 17-253 West, CHS - Due April 22, 2016
7. If parents are divorced / separated, the non-custodial parent must complete, sign and turn into 17-253 West, CHS:
1. Complete FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov - Due March 21, 2016
2. Institutional Application - Due March 21, 2016
To submit your Financial Aid Application by the published deadlines, you can email scanned copies of all documents to FAO@mednet.ucla.edu, or you can drop off or mail all application documents to:
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, 17-253 West, CHS Box 957020 Los Angeles, CA 90095-7020
If you have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.