Awards for Education
Nominations for 2022 are closed
The Dean's Office is pleased to sponsor two awards in recognition of outstanding contributions to the educational mission: The Kaiser-Permanente Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Serge and Yvette Dadone Clinical Teaching Award, which were established in 1991 and 2009 respectively.
This year, the Awards for Education Reception will be held in person on Tuesday, June 7, 2022, from 4 0 6 p.m. in Switzer Plaza.
KAISER-PERMANENTE AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION
- Yvette M. Bordelon, MD, PhD | Neurology (UCLA)
- Formosa C. Chen, MD, MPH | Surgery (Olive View-UCLA)
- Rebecca N. Dudovitz, MD, MSHS | Pediatrics (UCLA)
- Sarah Gustafson, MD | Pediatrics (Harbor-UCLA)
- Jason S. Lee, MD | Anesthesiology (UCLA)
SERGE & YVETTE DADONE CLINICAL TEACHING AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Timothy R. Donahue, MD, FACS | Surgery (UCLA/VA)
- Gilberto Granados, MD, MPH | Family Medicine (Harbor-UCLA)
Eligibility and nominations
These are peer-reviewed awards that recognize the outstanding dedication, innovation, and sustained excellence in clinical and classroom teaching.
The awards honor exceptional educators at the David Geffen School of Medicine and its affiliated hospitals who have made exceptional contributions to medical education. The awardees receive an honorarium and recognition at a special award ceremony and at graduation.
The Kaiser-Permanente Award for Excellence in Teaching is focused on medical student education and designed for faculty who meet at least 3 of the following 4 criteria:
- Carried an exceptional teaching load, including medical school teaching, with sustained excellence over the years
- Created educational innovations
- Managed an educational component with skill, innovation, enthusiasm, and success
- Played a key role in interdepartmental educational activities
The Serge and Yvette Dadone Clinical Teaching Award's primary focus is clinical teaching of medical students and residents and is designed for faculty who meet at least 3 of the following 4 criteria:
- Carried an exceptional clinical teaching load for students and/or residents
- Sustained excellence as a clinical teacher, with at least 10 years on faculty at UCLA
- Demonstrated evidence of a scholarly approach to clinical teaching and clinical work
- Noted by peers for the value of his/her clinical teaching and clinical care
General Contact Information
Christina Kim, Assistant to the Vice Dean for Education
David Geffen School of Medicine, Office of the Dean
Address: 885 Tiverton Dr. #400
Mail Code: 172216
Admin Code: 1400