Medical assistants complete administrative and clinical tasks in the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors and other health practitioners. Their duties vary with the location, specialty and size of the practice.
Medical assistants typically do the following:
• Take patient history and measure vital signs
• Help the physician with patient examinations
• Give patient injections or take EKGs, as directed by the physician
• Schedule patient appointments
• Prepare blood for laboratory tests
• Help patients feel at ease in medical settings
High School Diploma or GED, Certification
$34,744.32/year or $16.64/hour
East San Gabriel Valley, Pasadena City College, Southern California Regional Occupational Center, Santa Monica College, West Valley College
To learn more about this career and explore job postings, please visit UCLA Health Careers.