Surgical technologists assist in surgical operations under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses or other surgical personnel. ey are members of operating room teams, which most commonly include surgeons, anesthesiologists and circulating nurses.
Surgical techs can work in a variety of locations, including hospitals, physicians’ o ces, dentists’ offices, outpatient clinics or military hospitals.
The main job duties are:
• Shaving and sterilization of patients
• Sterilization of operating rooms and all equipment
• Monitoring patients’ vital statistics
• Making sure all equipment is functioning
• Handing the surgeon tools during procedures
• Stocking and restocking operating rooms before and a er surgeries
Associate’s Degree or 12-month Certificate Program
$47,669.04/year or $22.83/hour
Concorde Career College, Glendale Career College, Simi Valley Career Institute
To learn more about this career and explore job postings, please visit UCLA Health Careers.