The student clubs, interest groups, organizations, and activities you'll find in this section are all designed to help you develop your medical and community interests while cultivating your creativity and collaborative spirit!
Student Organization Highlight Reel Video
Video greetings from some of our student organizations!
Student Organizations Event Planning Checklist (Career Specialiy Interest Groups (CSIGs) are required to hold 3 events, non-CSIGs are required to have 1 event).
Being involved has never been easier!
PLANNING EVENTS FOR STUDENT ORGS:
As of 8/3/21:
Non-curricular events (student org meetings/activities) can be held indoors without food.
Student orgs can request to hold meetings/activities outdoors with food with SAO approval.
1) Plan Event: Meet with Faculty Advisor to plan speakers & logistics
2) If in-person with no food: Minimum 2 weeks before, add to the Medical Student Calendar.
If in-person and serving food outside: Complete this form to obtain SAO permission. Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, add to the Medical Student Calendar once approved.
3) Reserve a Room: https://medschool.ucla.edu/current-room-reservations
4) Advertise via Listserve, social media such as class Facebook pages, announce at lecture
5) If outside and serving food, at least 7 business days before, complete Catering Request Form
6) Email Mary Ann to confirm food delivery instructions
7) After Event: Fill out SAO and MSC Post-Event Evaluation
*All events must be added to the Medical Student Calendar. Please email Mary Ann if you are planning any large events/conferences and expect more than 50 people to attend.
Events that start post-7 pm on weekdays and on weekends require arrangement of facilities and security at an extra cost to the group.
Student Organization Upcoming: (Note dates and times are subject to change)
For additional funding, must apply to the Medical Student Council Budget Committee Meeting. Budget committee considers proposals once/month, the 1st Tuesday of each month from August-May. Applications are due the last Tuesday of the month previous to the committee meeting)