AAPI Faculty Alliance Mission Statement
The UCLA Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Alliance aims to provide opportunities for UCLA Asian American and Pacific Islander members with shared personal and professional interests to gather and network with one another.
AAPI’s initiatives (e.g., formal events, discussions, sharing of resources) aim to:
- Build community, collaboration, and networking among AAPI members and other constituencies to enhance their UCLA experience through mentorship, leadership, connection, and visibility.
- Create opportunities for engagement, education, discourse, and advancement related to anti-racism, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, with particular attention to the AAPI community.
- Promote the recruitment and other recognition of AAPI members, mentors, and leaders.
- Sponsor and share education, resources, and scholarship about the specific interests of AAPI.
- Advocate for health outcomes in AAPI populations to eliminate health disparities and barriers to advancement.
- Lead discussion and communication that promote academic and non-academic collaboration.
- Foster mentorship, sponsorship, and coaching opportunities that support personal, professional, and career development with a commitment to excellence.
- Advance anti-racist allyship with organizations within UCLA and Los Angeles.
- Develop partnerships with Los Angeles community-based organizations and community leaders to address health, healthcare, and social inequities experienced by AAPI communities.
9/28/21: Gilbert Gee, PhD, Professor, Department of Community Health Sciences, Fielding School of Public Health at UCLA. “Anti-Asian Racism: Much More than Hate Crimes”
Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (APAMSA) at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Dan Lu, MD, PhD, Neurosurgery
- Alice Kuo, MD, Med-Peds
- Steven Y. Chang, MD, PhD, Pulm/Crit Care
- Lekha Rao, MD, Neurology
- Enrico Castillo, MD, Psychiatry
- Allen S. Chen, MD, MPH, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Michael Yeh, MD, Endocrine Surgery
- Teresa Roth