Dear Bioscience Faculty & Training Grant Directors,
The Bioscience Postdoctoral Affairs office will host UCLA Bio-Launch, a virtual recruitment event for prospective postdocs, on March 14-15, 2024. Please share widely with any bioscience faculty who would like to be connected with outstanding prospective postdocs.
About UCLA Bio-Launch:
- Selected PhD applicants will be invited to participate in a 2-day virtual information and professional development event (March 14-15, 2024).
- Prospective postdocs will be asked to list faculty from our list of Bio-Launch mentors that they’re interested in speaking to. They will be matched with 1-3 Bio-Launch mentors for zoom-based informational interviews.
- Virtual informational interviews are expected to occur during the post-event recruitment period (March 15-29, 2024).
- Postdocs will receive a contact list for all participating Bio-Launch mentors and faculty will receive a booklet of prospective profiles for every participant, including those you are not matched with.
If you’re interested in participating we ask you to sign up to be a Bio-Launch Mentor.
Sign up by January 5, 2024: Sign up to Participate & Recruit Postdocs
You do not have to be currently hiring to participate.
Bio-Launch Mentors commit to…*
- Providing faculty and lab profile information during the sign up process that we will host on our website.
- Responding to the email request from your matched prospective postdocs.
- Setting an informational interview at a mutually agreeable time during the recruitment period (March 15-29). Informational interviews are meant to be short, informal conversations (approximately 30 minutes – 1 hour) in which you and the prospective postdoc discuss research and training at UCLA.
*Participation in the virtual 2-day event is not required.
The Postdoctoral Affairs Office commits to…
- Matching Bio-Launch mentors with 0-3 prospective postdoc participants based on area of discipline and research interests of participants.
- Reminding the prospective postdocs to initiate the conversation and reach out to matched faculty to schedule a 1:1 virtual informational interview.
- Hosting a virtual networking activity between faculty & postdocs on Friday, March 15 at 1:00-2:30pm that is optional to faculty but provides an informal opportunity to meet the entire Bio-Launch cohort.
- Providing Bio-Launch mentors a booklet of all participating prospective postdocs at the end of the recruitment period (March 29).
Please take a moment to look through our Faculty FAQs on the Bio-Launch website. You are also welcome to send any additional questions to Letty (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lynn (email@example.com).