Find your pathway to medical school
The David Geffen School of Medicine (DGSOM) Office of Outreach and Pathway Programs offers various opportunities for prospective students to interact with our faculty, staff, and students:
- We offer a Pre-Med & Pre-Health Guidance Center to help students find their path to medical school
- We offer summer pre-health pathway programs and a yearlong Post-baccalaureate program hosted here on our UCLA campus.
- We visit our local community and state colleges to talk about medical school admissions.
- We participate in numerous graduate and professional pre-medical conferences nationally
DGSOM Pre-Med & Pre-Health Guidance Center
There are so many things to prepare to apply to Medical School, it can be hard to know where to start. Wherever you are in your pre-med & pre-health journey, our Guidance Resource Center is designed to help you to:
- Find support and resources to support your pre-med & pre-health interests
- Understand the medical school requirements (and what you can start doing now)
- Create a plan for applying to medical school
Pre-Med & Pre-Health Pathway Program Opportunities
The Office of Outreach and Pathway Programs offers three programs held annually to prepare promising premedical students that experienced social, economic, or educational disadvantages for professional training and careers in medicine. Funding for these programs is provided by the University of California Academic Preparation & Educational Partnership, David Geffen School of Medicine.
Campus Health and Safety Precautions
Summer 2023 Programs
In addition to UC’s vaccination requirement, the campus has implemented a number of health and safety protocols designed to keep the Bruin community safe this fall. For a full list of these protocols, see our UCLA COVID protocols page.
Please see current precautions, requirements, and information for students.