The UCLA Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Faculty Alliance aims to provide opportunities for UCLA Asian American and Pacific Islander members with shared personal and professional interests to gather and network with one another.
AAPI Alliance 2023 Events
- Town Hall with AAPI Alliance, Dean Dubinett & JEDI Vice Dean McIntosh
- Asian Leadership Paradox with Dr. Karen E. Kim
- Lunar New Year Celebration
- Does Harvard Love Asians as Much as Asians Love Harvard?: What Challenges to Affirmative Action Tell Us
Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month 2022
- Standing Against Anti-Asian Hate: Then, Now, and the Path Forward
- Stop the Hate: Addressing AAPI Racism in Healthcare and Society
- AAPI Faculty Alliance General Committee Meeting
- AAPI Heritage Month Dinner Gathering
The DGSOM AAPI Alliance seeks to advance opportunities for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders at DGSOM and to promote justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion broadly within DGSOM, UCLA, and the Los Angeles community.
Established in April 2021 at the height of the Atlanta shootings and rising hate crimes, the AAPI Alliance was formed to advocate for the rights of staff and faculty at DGSOM. All are welcome to join. Sign up for the email list to learn more upcoming events, meeting announcements, and more.
The UCLA DGSOM Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Alliance aims to provide opportunities for UCLA Asian American and Pacific Islander members with shared personal and professional interests to gather and network with one another.
AAPI’s initiatives (e.g., formal events, discussions, sharing of resources) aim to:
- Build community, collaboration, and networking among AAPI members and other constituencies to enhance their UCLA experience through mentorship, leadership, connection, and visibility.
- Create opportunities for engagement, education, discourse, and advancement related to anti-racism, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, with particular attention to the AAPI community.
- Promote the recruitment and other recognition of AAPI members, mentors, and leaders.
- Sponsor and share education, resources, and scholarship about the specific interests of AAPI.
- Advocate for health outcomes in AAPI populations to eliminate health disparities and barriers to advancement.
- Lead discussion and communication that promote academic and non-academic collaboration.
- Foster mentorship, sponsorship, and coaching opportunities that support personal, professional, and career development with a commitment to excellence.
- Advance anti-racist allyship with organizations within UCLA and Los Angeles.
- Develop partnerships with Los Angeles community-based organizations and community leaders to address health, healthcare, and social inequities experienced by AAPI communities.
Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (APAMSA) at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Daniel Lu, MD, PhD, Neurosurgery
- Alice A. Kuo, MD, Med-Peds (Internal Medicine and Pediatrics)
- Enrico G. Castillo, MD, MS, Psychiatry
- Steven Y. Chang, MD, PhD, Critical Care Medicine & Pulmonology
- Eric M. Cheng, MD, MS, Neurology
- Sarah A. Nguyen, MD, Psychiatry
- Cristina Punzalan, MPH
- Lekha Rao, MD, Neurology
- Linelle Libang, MPH
- Teresa Roth
- Animesh A. Sabnis, MD, MSHS, Neonatology
- James Wu, MD, Endocrine Surgery
- Jane Yanagawa, MD, Thoracic Surgery