- On July, 1, 2023, Alma Guerrero, MD, MPH, and Sung-Jae Lee, PhD, were appointed the new Co-Leads of the Research Theme in Health Equity and Translational Social Science!
- Helena Hansen, MD, PhD was appointed interim chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, interim director of the UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior at the David Geffen School of Medicine (DGSOM) at UCLA, and interim physician-in-chief of the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital!
- Congratulations to all of the 2021 UCLA DGSOM/CTSI/ HETSS Seed Grant Program awardees!
- Congratulations to our co-chair, Dr. Helena Hansen, for being elected to the National Academy of Medicine, among the highest honors in the fields of medicine and health!
- Congratulations to our co-chair, Dr. Rochelle Dicker, for receiving the prestigious 2021 American College of Surgeons/Pfizer Domestic Surgical Volunteerism Award!
To learn more about the panel, please click here.
For the complete list of previous HETSS Webinar recordings, please check out our Youtube playlist. If you can't make them live they are retroactively available in our event series playlist.
Iman Shervington is the Director of Media & Communications at the Institute of Women and Ethnic Studies where she combines her passions for social medicine, design thinking practices, and film. Throughout her career, Shervington has garnered decades of experience in social media, marketing, social justice, graphic design, and reproductive health education, as well as a Masters of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) focused on Directing and Screenwriting from Columbia University in the City of New York. She has worked with HETSS to host design thinking sessions attended by faculty, researchers, and students of UCLA and Charles Drew University under the Social Medicine Collab.
For regular updates on what we are up to in the HETSS Research Theme, check out our newsletters. You'll be the first to know about upcoming events, new initiatives, spotlights in our community and how to get more involved.