It takes leaders in health and medicine to train future leaders in health and medicine. Possessing the humility to devote themselves to lifelong learning, our faculty leaders constantly pursue new skills while developing their existing strengths.
Take advantage of these resources to meet your own growth objectives while inspiring others to do the same.
» Program Details
The CS/DGSOM Women's Leadership Program was developed to support and promote female faculty careers through group learning and discussion. Topics have included Crafting Your Elevator Pitch, When to Say Yes and When to Say No, Negotiation Skills, Burnout, Graceful Self-Promotion, and other topics related to professional and career development.
Learn more →
» Holistic Leadership Competencies
The Dean’s Physician-Scientist Leadership Academy is the DGSOM’s in-house program to develop holistic leadership competencies of current and future generations of MD scientists. Our programs include a dedicated website with downloadable tools, templates, and online courses, self-assessment measures, an in-depth program for leadership training called Foundation for Leadership offered in 8 blocks over 2 years, a series of Leadership Lectures, elective courses on leadership, systems thinking and communication skills as well as a bespoke annual leadership retreat for senior faculty, chairs, and deans. All these programs are currently in development and will be rolled out gradually until July 2022.
Leadership lectures for faculty members include:
- The case for leadership development for MDs: Why, What and How?
- What is your leadership style?
- The value of effective mentorship
- Managing conflicts and mastering win-win negotiations
- Project, process and program management: A pragmatic approach
- Problem-solving through the lenses of Ackoff, Paul, and Scharmer
- Self-awareness, self-assessment, and self-care for busy faculty members
- Time management and prioritization
For more information about the Dean’s Office Physician-Scientist Leadership Academy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.