Do What's Right. Make Things Better. Be Kind.
The Cultural North Star is a school-wide initiative that embodies who we are and why we're here.
As the youngest top-10 medical school in the nation, we are a groundbreaking community of problem solvers, caregivers, innovators, and lifelong learners with a noble mission—to heal humankind by delivering leading-edge research, education, patient care, and community engagement.
What is the DGSOM Cultural North Star?
Values that unite us
We believe that a strong organizational culture is critical to our ability to achieve our mission and vital to our well-being and cohesion as a community. The Cultural North Star helps us build and maintain an inclusive, mission-driven culture by mapping our decisions, actions, and interactions to a shared framework.
Do What’s Right
- We are united by our shared mission of advancing science and medicine
- We work together to eliminate inequity
- We are grounded in ethics and data
- We balance the short and long term effects of our actions
Make Things Better
- We come to work to make an impact
- We are constantly curious
- We seek out diverse voices
- We embrace failures as opportunities to learn
- We are strongest when we show empathy
- We have the courage to be honest
- We listen to understand
- We engage in dialogue even when we disagree