1) Partner with the community to improve health through solutions that address social, cultural, and biological determinants.
Creating a dedicated Research Theme in Health Equity & Translational Social Science
2) Develop a comprehensive and diverse healthcare workforce to serve the community.
- Partnering with Charles R. Drew University to develop leaders who will advance medical practice and knowledge in underserved areas in the United States and abroad.
- Offering trainees opportunities to learn in new and diverse settings through the DGSOM Global Health Program.
3) Create innovative healthcare delivery models that maintain financial stability while serving all members of our community.
Partnering with Venice Family Clinic and Los Angeles County to provide medical care at temporary shelters during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Building on community health programs in the CTSI and in the Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services.
Systematically reviewing, standardizing and expanding affiliate programs.
Connecting adults with development disabilities to skill-building hospital jobs.
Partnering with Venice Family Clinic and Los Angeles County to provide medical care at temporary shelters.
Providing a free volunteer-based clinic for physical, dental and vision care.