1) Partner with the community to improve health through solutions that address social, cultural and biological determinants.
2) Develop a comprehensive and diverse health care workforce to serve the community.
- Example tactics:
- Partnering with the Charles R. Drew University to develop leaders who will advance medical practice and knowledge in underserved areas in the United States and abroad.
- Offering trainees opportunities to learn in new and diverse settings through the DGSOM Global Health Program.
3) Create innovative health care delivery models that maintain financial stability while serving all members of our community.
- Example tactic: Partnering with Venice Family Clinic and Los Angeles County to provide medical care at temporary shelters during the COVID-19 pandemic.