Skip to main content
Fume Hood Failure
- Ensure laboratory contacts for emergencies are up to date.
- Close the fume hood sash if the fire is in the fume hood
- Ventilation failure
- Cease all operations that create hazardous fumes, gases or vapors
- Stop chemical reactions and de-energize electrical equipment
- Close fume hood sash
- Notify all lab personnel
- Report the ventilation failure to PI and post a note on the fume hood
- Contact Facilities Management (FM) for repairs as soon as possible
- Do not attempt to restart any ventilation equipment or reset the chemical fume hood.
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.