Find Your Mentor
Career advising aligned with your professional interests.
The Specialty ACE program was launched in 2021 to enhance career development opportunities for medical students at all levels. The Specialty ACEs are experienced faculty advisors enthusiastic about mentoring students in their specialty.
Roles and Responsibilities
Establish a cohort of faculty members within their Department to support their advising efforts. Cohort members are faculty members who span clinical and research arenas within their specialty.
- Serve as the "go-to person" within the Department when students are interested in learning more about their specialty.
- Serve as the "go-to person" within the Department when other faculty members, Deans, and College Chairs would like to refer a student to learn more about their specialty.
- Meet with students to explore their interests, and match students with potential mentors within their Department.
- Oversee the student “Specialty Interest Group,” or identify a faculty colleague to run with this responsibility.
- Help students navigate the application for residency process in their specialty.
Connect with a ACE Specialty
Interested in learning more about Internal Medicine? Please complete this brief interest form so that we can connect you with one of our outstanding faculty advisors.