Your DGSOM, Your Community
At the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, national and regional organizations bring together medical students, residents, faculty, and mentors to advocate for improved awareness, health access, and research for many causes and foundations.
Black Men in White Coats
Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA)
APA Medical Student Association
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association
- American Medical Women's Association
- Arab Health Organization
- Association of Native American Medical Students
- Black Men in White Coats
- Chinese Medical Interest Group
- Christian Medical Student Association
- Disability and Chronic Illness Student Group
- First Gen at DGSOM
- Jewish Medical Student Association
- La Cosecha
- Latino Medical Student Association
- Latinos in Surgey
- Muslim Student Association
- Medical Spanish Interest Group
- Persian Medical Society
- PRIDE Alliance
- South Asian Medically-oriented Student Association (SAMoSA)
- Student National Medical Association
- UndocuMed Students and Allies
- Women in Surgery Interest Group
Community of Mentorship
JEDI Class Representatives
Each DGSOM class has three Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) Class Representatives who collect data on their classes’ well-being, culture, and learning environment. Our amazing representatives meet monthly with the JEDI Assistant Deans who help address many issues and get advice from their peers.
- Baba Adejuyigbe
- Colin Wang
- Samuel Hulbert
- Alberto Juarez
- Elizza Villarruel
- Micheal Freddy
- Keytiana Hempstead
- Nadir Noor Adra
- Reeta Asmai
Coming Fall 2023
Funding is available to registered DGSOM student organizations for events focused on equity, diversity, and inclusion. Complete the funding request three weeks before your anticipated event.
JEDI/ARR Student Conference Funding Request
Who may submit funding request: Students of all years who have had an abstract and/or paper related to equity, diversity and inclusion or anti-racism efforts in the medical education space that has been accepted by a national or regional conference for a workshop, poster or oral presentation.
The Center for Accessible Education will work closely with you to identify reasonable accommodations for your time as a DGSOM student.
Grace Clifford, Director of Disability Services for DGSOM
Committee on Learning Environment Oversight (CLEO)
The Committee on Learning Environment Oversight (CLEO) is responsible for the review of student concerns regarding the learning environment and the development of action plans in response to episodes of alleged medical student mistreatment to prevent future occurrences.