Steven Dubinett, MD Receives Breath of Life Award
Steven Dubinett, MD, Interim Dean, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and Associate Vice Chancellor, UCLA, was awarded the 2022 Breath of Life Award by Breathe Southern California for his leadership in lung health research and his advocacy for under-resourced communities that are affected by lung diseases.
The Breathe of Life Awards recognize influential community leaders for accomplishments that align with Breathe Southern California's missions of promoting clean air and healthy lungs through research, education, advocacy, and technology.
Each year, Breathe Southern California selects extraordinary honorees who are leading their fields in patient care, innovation, and leadership to promote clean air and healthy lungs for all.
Dr. Dubinett is joining a remarkable list of distinguished award recipients that have left a legacy in the region, including:
- Jeffrey Raich, Co-President & Founding Partner of Moelis & Company
- Hon. Eric Garcetti, Los Angeles City Council President
- Hon. Gavin Newsom, Lt. Governor of California
- Hon. Xavier Becerra, California Attorney General
- Hon. Joe Buscaino, Councilman, City of Los Angeles
- Mary Nichols, Chair, California Air Resources Board
- Sean Burton, President, Los Angeles Board of Airport Commissioners