Skip to main content
- Establish a codename that you and your coworkers can use for this situation
- Install a panic alarm, if possible.
- If the situation is life-threatening, leave immediately and call 9-1-1
- If the situation is non-life-threatening, tell the unwanted person that you are calling someone who can help them and call a colleague who cannot be seen or heard by the unwanted person
- On the phone, tell your colleague to find Dean/Doctor/Mr./Mrs. [codename]
- This codename should be memorized. The colleague to whom you say [codename] should immediately call 9-1-1 and explain the situation (including building, floor number and room number)
- Try to stay on the phone if safe to do so
- Activate panic alarm if area is equipped with one.
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.