Basis of Selection
Consideration for the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Candidates are selected on the basis of the following considerations:
- Undergraduate record
- Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) scores
- Letters of recommendation
- Graduate record (where applicable)
- Life experiences (research, volunteerism, clinical, work, leadership, publications)
- Admission interviews
- AAMC PREview Exam scores (for Traditional MD Program Track applicants only)
DGSOM Interviews: What to Expect
Interviews will be conducted virtually for the 2023-2024 application cycle.
Please note: If you are selected for an interview, the interview will be specific to the track for which you are granted an interview. Review track-specific information for the MD Program, UCLA-Caltech MSTP, PRIME-LA, and the Charles R. Drew/UCLA Medical Education Program.