We believe healthcare is a human right. That core belief guides our approach to educating the next generation of physicians, physician-scientists, and researchers.
The core values of diversity and inclusion are inseparable from our institutional goals of excellence in all tenets of healthcare, research, education, and community engagement.
The CS/DGSOM Women's Leadership Program was developed to support and promote female faculty careers through group learning and discussion. Topics have included Crafting Your Elevator Pitch, When to Say Yes and When to Say No, Negotiation Skills, Burnout, Graceful Self-Promotion, and other topics related to professional and career development.
Co-created with the DGSOM Community
The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (DGSOM) Anti-racism roadmap is our co-created path to ensuring racial justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. The commitments and priorities outlined here represent the first step in our planning, development, and implementation process.
Here you will find:
- Reporting resources
- Dashboard to track roadmap progress
- Diversity data dashboards
- Wellness resources
- Community co-creation priority ranking avenue
A Responsibility to Affect Change
Our community is made up of talented leaders who care deeply and work to impact the world for good. We have a collective commitment to combat structural racism. That commitment spans healthcare, education, and our society at large
A Cross-Departmental Initiative
- To promote gender equity and further members' career advancement to the highest levels of academic medicine via education.
- Educate members on the UCLA institutional promotion and advancement strategies, and increase the visibility of the accomplishment of women physicians and scientists.
- Provide training and mentorship in the identification and cultivation of leadership skills.
- Be an informational resource for local family support and educational services.
- To provide the opportunity to network and foster communication among women in various disciplines and divisions.
Taking Action Today to Build an Equitable Tomorrow
At UCLA Health, we believe a diverse and inclusive health care workforce and environment results in better care, service, and health outcomes for our patients. We also believe that our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion will result in greater productivity, innovation, and engagement of our staff and patients.
- Health Equity descriptions and definitions
- HEDI Toolkits
- FAQs and Videos
- Staff resources
- Roadmap and accountability plans
LGBTQ Health Initiative
UCLA Health provides equitable health care to all patients of all sexual orientations, genders, races, or religions. Our vision is to create an equitable, affirming, and supportive environment for our LGBTQ patients and their families by providing resources and compassionate health care delivered with dignity, kindness, and respect.