The UCLA Department of Medicine's Office of Research Administration (DOM ORA) office was created for the purpose of training, educating, and providing support and assistance in all areas of research administration, covering both pre- and post-award components.
DOM ORA is comprised of 8 individuals:
- Cathy Rujanuruks - Director of Research Administration
- Raellen Man - Departmental Research Associate (DRA)
- Tsegaye Teshome - Senior Project Analyst
- Robert Kunst - Senior Project Analyst
- Alan Wagner - Lab Regulatory Coordinator
- Kayla Brown - Senior Project Analyst
- Peter Vittachi - DRA
- Ella Son - Assistant DRA
DOM ORA is supported by Dr. Alan Fogelman, the Chair of the Department of Medicine, and Farah Elahi, the Chief Administrative Officer of the Department of Medicine. See the Department of Medicine's full Research Administration Organizational Chart.
Our mission is to provide Departmental specific research administrative support to fund managers, managers, research staff and Principal Investigators by:
- Sharing "best practice" procedures and more efficient ways to approach various research administration tasks.
- Providing guidance on "how to's" in the form in detailed step-by-step instructions, complete with background information and hints and tips, in the DOM Fund Manager's Manual.
- Answering questions and troubleshooting various issues.
- Disseminating information regarding new or updated Agency Sponsor and University policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Educating by providing training, both on an individual basis and in group settings.