UCLA can accept a J-1 Transfer-In Request from another institution as long as the J-1 visa category remains the same at UCLA and as long as the subject of activity is similar to previous work. In addition to the regular DS-2019 request documents, UCLA departments also need to submit the following documents to the DGSOM Visa and Licensing:

UCLA will not have access to a scholar's SEVIS record until the effective transfer date. Therefore, transfer DS-2019s can only be processed on or after the transfer date.